Monday, February 11, 2008

Guatemala, here we come!

I feel like God has finally answered for my prayers.
I've needed... something. Something I couldn't explain.
I've just felt so empty lately, so useless.
I've prayed to God to not feel worthless anymore.

God has answered my prayers with a mission to Guatemala, only a month away!

I met my team yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest. But I look forward to having great times with my teamates and growing together as we serve.

We're going to Hogar de Vida Ninez. An orphanage in San Andres.

I ran into a small issue. Girls are required to wear floor-length skirts... at all times.
So I went to Goodwill. The solution? KILTS!
I would never bring my good authentic scottish kilts. They're keepsakes, and expensive. And pretty warm.
But for $5, you can get a used kilt! Or a fake kilt! (which is pretty much just a tartan skirt. haha)

And they're actually skirts I would wear in real life. Well, some of them.

I'm one of 2 people on the team that speaks spanish. Haha.
But in the village we're visiting, most of the people speak dialect, so I'm not sure how useful I'll be. lol.

Please pray for our team!
And praise god for the opportunity to make a difference in the world!

No comments: