Friday, February 29, 2008

Guatemala... here we come!

24 days!
24 days till Guatemala!

Lots has happened since my last post.
I got in my car accident, got a new car.
I decided that with car payments and guatemala, I just couldn't afford to go to Mexico this summer with my old church, New Providence.
I needed a pastor's signature on my Guatemala forms, so I decided to get Mike Flavin to sign off for me.
When I walked into the church for the morning service, a woman at the door welcomed me, and asked if I wanted to sit with her. She was just so friendly. After the service, I tracked down Mike, and told him about the accident, and that I just couldn't possibly afford Mexico.
He asked if I wanted to go. I told him "yes, butI just can't afford it"
He told me an anonymous doner created a scholorship for me to go.
WHATTTTT.
I started crying. haha.
He asked if I could still fundraise to pay for additional costs. I said yes.
The woman I was sitting with said "you're going to mexico? Here, mike, here's a check for $100. I want her to go."

I am still in shock. I couldn't believe that someone could be so giving and compassionate. I thank god every night.

I went to the Liquid membership dinner last night and finally became a Liquidite!
It's a big commitment, but it's really important to me. I'm so excited to finally be a member of a church that's so great.
I signed up to help out with LiquidKids and the greeting team.

I met with 2 of my prayer partners for the Guatemala team. It feels so good to return to my faith, in a concrete and real way.
I'm so excited for Guatemala, and to see what God has to teach me.

Please keep our team in your prayers!

No comments: